Smithsonian National Air & Space Museum Center for Earth & Planetary Studies (CEPS) Intern Summer 2016, Smithsonian Institution
- Title of the project: Mapping landforms on Mars to help understand the geologic/geomorphic history of the planet. Mentor: Dr. John Grant
- Presented (oral presentation) findings of the project at the National Air and Space Museum intern presentations 2016. Hale Distal deposits give clues to late water and geomorphic activity on Mars.
- Current research project fall 2016 to present.
Undergraduate Summer Research Program Fellowship Award 2015, SUNY Buffalo State
- Title of the project: Geomorphic Mapping in the Southern Margaritifer Terra Region, Mars.Mentor: Dr. Kevin. K. Williams
- Wrote a grant to support eight weeks of full-time research and received funding for travel, supplies, and equipment to support the project.
- Used JMARS software to create a geomorphic map of the Southern Margaritifer Terra Region Mars using HrSC, CTX, THEMIS (IR), THEMIS visible, HiRISE, and MOLA instruments.
- Presented (poster presentation) findings of the project at the Geological Society of America (GSA) 2015 National conference in Baltimore, Maryland. Title: Geomorphic Mapping of Crater Floor Deposits in Southern Margaritifer Terra, Region Mars.
- Interviewed for a college website article about Mars research project and presentation at Geological Society of America (GSA) 2015 National conference.
- Applied and received a travel award through Office of Undergraduate Research at SUNY Buffalo State to attend the (GSA) 2015 National conference in Maryland (partial funding).
- Wrote and received a travel grant through GSA’s OTF program to attend (GSA) 2015 National conference (partial funding).
- Presented (oral presentation) findings of the project at the SUNY Buffalo State 18th Annual Student Research and Creativity Celebration (SRCC) 2016. Title: Geomorphic Mapping of the Southern Margaritifer Terra Region of Mars Reveals Possible Crater Lake.
Planetary Geology Independent Study Research Spring 2015, SUNY Buffalo State
- Title of the project: Conomara Chaos Europa Mapping. Mentor: Kevin. K. Williams.
- presented (poster presentation) findings at the SUNY Buffalo State 17th annual Student Research and Creativity Celebration 2015. Title: Using Arctic Ice Thickness and Floe Size to Estimate Ice Thickness in the Conamara Chaos Region of Europa.
Academic Center for Excellence (ACE) Academic mentor Fall 2015 to Spring 2016, SUNY Buffalo State
- Worked with university students individually and tutored Calculus based University Physics, Geoscience, Calculus lab and Engineering Technology.
Science Technology Entry Program (STEP) Math mentor Summer 2014, SUNY Buffalo State
- Tutored 7th and 8th graders individually, using computer based math.
- Encouraged underrepresented and underserved students to complete high school courses in science, mathematics and technology and to pursue programs of post-secondary education leading to degrees in STEM.
Earth Science Field Expert Summer 2014, Tapestry Charter School, Buffalo, NY
- Traveled to Devil’s Hole State Park and Goat Island Niagara Falls, NY and lead a tour for students, teaching local geology.
Media and Public Outreach
- Founder: “Global Mars: The Martian Outreach Project”, Fall 2016 to present
- Video: International Education Week US Alumni video montage, US Embassy Colombo and United States- Sri Lanka Fulbright Commission, Fall 2016
- Museum Outreach: Smithsonian NASM Mars (and Space) Day, All Night at the Museum, Summer 2016
New York Public Interest Research Group (NYPIRG), Member of the Environmental campaign Spring 2015, SUNY Buffalo State
- Worked with a diverse coalition of groups including Buffalo State sustainability council to fight for environmental justice on and off campus.
- Received a scholarship to attend the spring 2015 Student action conference.